- This event has passed.
Thames Concerts – Daniel Clark (organ)
28 January 2017@7:30 pm - 9:30 pm
An annual organ recital has long been a feature of each Thames Concerts Series. In this fifth concert of the present series, the distinguished British organist Daniel Clark – based in Berlin, and working throughout Germany – presents an eclectic programme of music including works on the outstanding three-manual Hunter organ at St Andrew’s.
- Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750) – Toccata and Fugue in F Major (BWV 540)
- Jean Roger-Ducasse (1873-1954) – “Pastorale” (1909)
- Robert Schumann (1810 – 1856) – “Six Fugues on B-A-C-H” (op. 60) No. 1 (Langsam);No. 5 (Lebhaft); No. 3 (Mit sanften Stimmen); No..2 (Lebhaft)
- Wolfgang Rihm (*1952) – “Bann, Nachtschwärmerei” (Spells, Night Dreams) (1980)
- Charles-Marie Widor (1844 – 1937) – Symphony No. 6 (op. 42) Allegro; Adagio; Intermezzo; Cantabile; Finale
Tickets on the door £10 (or at a discount via Ticketweb)
How to book
- On-line or by phone at a 10% discount via www.ticketweb.co.uk / 08444 771 000. Audience members should bring email confirmation/I.D. to the event.
- In person: on the door at each event from 6.45pm (full price cash/cheque).
- For all concerts admission is free to under-16s and full-time students (subject to availability). I.D. will be requested. Tickets are not required.
- An individual great value season ticket gaining entry to all concerts costs just £60 and can be purchased directly from Thames Concerts email@example.com.
- St Andrew’s Church is wheelchair accessible and accompanying carers are admitted free (carer tickets not required).