- This event has passed.
Thames Concerts – Zamira Duo (violin and harp)
25 February 2017@7:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Tansy Garrod (violin) and Mary Reid (harp)
The final concert in this year’s series sees the young Zamira Duo in a sublime programme of works for violin and harp. Taking their name from the Hebrew word meaning “good voice”, Tansy and Mary formed Zamira Duo after having been fellow students at the Royal Academy of Music for several years. In their eclectic performances they keep things as exciting as possible, pieces by living composers rubbing shoulders with popular classics alongside their own arrangements. They perform in classical concert halls, churches and anywhere that needs a “good voice” to be heard. Previous performances include Ripon Cathedral’s lunchtime series, for the Highbury’s Pub ‘Music Unwrapped’ series and at St. Peter’s Church Notting Hill. Zamira Duo also enjoy outreach work and were 2015/16 artists for Wigmore Hall’s Chamber Tots workshops.
Both Tansy and Mary enjoy flourishing successful solo careers in their own right alongside their duo activities, playing with major London orchestras and elsewhere.
Fritz Kreisler, arr. Poldini – Poupée valsante (Dancing doll)
Valeri Kikta – 1st mov’t: Metamorphoses, from Sonata for violin and harp
Ernest Bloch – Nigun
Franz Liszt – Un sospiro, from 3 Études de concert S 144
Camille Saint-Saëns – Fantaisie for violin and harp Op 124
John Williams, arr. Kanga – Theme, from Schindler’s List
David Snell – Intrada and Waltz, for violin and harp
Arvo Pärt – Spiegel im Spiegel
Jean Cras – Suite en Duo for Flute and Harp
Tickets on the door £12 (or at a discount via Ticketweb)
How to book
- On-line or by phone at a 10% discount via www.ticketweb.co.uk / 08444 771 000. Audience members should bring email confirmation/I.D. to the event.
- In person: on the door at each event from 6.45pm (full price cash/cheque).
- For all concerts admission is free to under-16s and full-time students (subject to availability). I.D. will be requested. Tickets are not required.
- An individual great value season ticket gaining entry to all concerts costs just £60 and can be purchased directly from Thames Concerts email@example.com.
- St Andrew’s Church is wheelchair accessible and accompanying carers are admitted free (carer tickets not required).